Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Wait: Clothing making

     Things are getting a bit boring now that I can't help but to wait for the doll I ordered from Alice's Collections. I know there is a saying, "A watched pot, never boils", I'm much too hard-headed and impatient for that xD. I'm much too stubborn to just relax about the issue, after all, my excitement is just too intense (I think I'm drabbling on).
     So with the ordering of a new doll, I thought I would go about in trying my hand in making some clothes for her, as she will arrive nude and not even have under garments. But as soon as I broke out the piles of fabrics and old clothing, I became frustrated and bored. I have not a clue as to how to sew clothing for girls, I've only made clothing for my male dolls. So my problem is, how would one go about in making clothing for a doll that she does not even own yet? Patterns. But what if you are like me? A person who does not know how to resize or know how to make a pattern? Well...
     Improvising is proving to be something I am getting better at, compared to the skillful art of "winging it". I found out that my male dolls have around the same chest measurements as that of the female doll I want, so it was only natural that they would end up the guinea-pigs for modeling pretty fabric of a future dress or blouse. I didn't get too far with this. No sooner than starting the measurements and placing the fabric on a underwear clad Masaru, his arm snapped at me, smacking me in the nose. I'm not one who dwells on the weird but, I think it may have been a sign from him saying "I only wear boy clothing, want to try that again?". -Sighs- I guess I'll wait for my girl to come here next month or so, so I can make clothes using her, instead of using my semi "haunted" doll for such.

No comments:

Post a Comment